Former Secretary of Defense (1989-1993). Prior to 9/11, held secret energy task force meeting with oil industry reps to discuss document, "Foreign Suitors for Iraqi Oilfield Contracts," and maps of Iraqi oilfields.
- "Papers Detail Industry's Role in Cheney's Energy Report," by Michael Abramowitz and Steven Mufson, The Washington Post
- Papers obtained via FOIA from Cheney's Energy Task Force, Judicial Watch
Former CEO of Halliburton, which has received $10 billion in Iraq contracts, $2.5 billion of which were unbid.
- "What Cheney did at Halliburton," by Mike France & Stephanie Anderson Forest in BusinessWeek
- Factsheet on Halliburton Contracts, Truthout.org
- Halliburton Watch, an organization dedicated to obsevation of Halliburton's corporate malfeasance.