- Against All Enemies: Inside America's War on Terror (Hardcover), by Richard A. Clarke
- Conservatives Without Conscience, by John Dean (Hardcover - Jul 11, 2006), draws political lessons from Stanley Milgram's experiments on students apparently willing to shock people to death.
- The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Turn Evil, by Philip Zimbardo (Paperback - Jan 22, 2008)
- Shrub, the short but happy political life of George W. Bush, by Molly Ivins and Lou Dubose (Hardcover - Jul 31, 2000). She warned us. We miss her.
- Bill of Wrongs: The Executive Branch's Assault on America's Fundamental Rights, by Molly Ivins and Lou Dubose (Hardcover - Oct 23, 2007)
- George W. Bush Versus the U.S. Constitution: The Downing Street Memos and Deception, Manipulation, Torture, Retribution, Coverups in the Iraq War and Illegal Domestic Spying (Paperback), by John Conyers Jr. (Compiler), Anita Miller (Editor), Joseph C. Wilson (Introduction). Academy Chicago Publishers (September 1, 2006)
- The Constitution in Crisis: The High Crimes of the Bush Administration and a Blueprint for Impeachment (Paperback), by John C. Conyers (Author), Elizabeth Holtzman (Introduction)
- The Federal Impeachment Process: A Constitutional and Historical Analysis, by Michael Gerhardt, provides historical background with a focus on the Clinton impeachment travesty.
- Cowboy Republic: Six Ways the Bush Gang Has Defied the Law, by Marjorie Cohn, documents the laws and the violations, and reminds us why Thomas Jefferson warned against elected despotism.
- United States v. George W. Bush et al., by Elizabeth de la Vega, an indictment, a presentation to a grand jury charging Bush and gang with fraud -- very well argued and documented, even entertaining.
- The Genius of Impeachment: The Founders' Cure for Royalism, by John Nichols, a masterpiece that should be required reading in every high school and college in the United States, a history and portrait of the practice of impeachment.
- Articles of Impeachment Against George W. Bush, by the Center for Constitutional Rights, a short book that lists and explains four (multi-part) articles of impeachment.
- The Impeachment of George W. Bush: A Practical Guide for Concerned Citizens, by Elizabeth Holtzman (former Congresswoman and member of the Nixon impeachment panel) and Cynthia L. Cooper, an excellent and readable book laying out five major grounds for impeachment of George W. Bush, plus an extra section on Dick Cheney.
- The Case for Impeachment, by Dave Lindorff and Barbara Olshansky, an amazingly popular and extremely readable book that explains the context while also setting forth six articles of impeachment against Bush, plus an extra section on Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Condoleezza Rice, and Alberto Gonzales.
- Impeach the President: The Case Against Bush and Cheney, edited by Dennis Loo and Peter Phillips, with an introduction by Howard Zinn, a wonderfully well written collection of essays organized around a list of 12 grounds for impeachment of Bush and Cheney.
- George W. Bush versus the U.S. Constitution: The Downing Street Memos and Deception, Manipulation, Torture, Retribution, and Cover-ups in the Iraq War and Illegal Domestic Spying, by the U.S. House Judiciary Committee Democratic Staff, a book that not only collects the evidence but also tells us what Congressman John Conyers, the ranking Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, is thinking (the full text, minus a new introduction by Joseph Wilson, is available here.)
- Verdict and Findings of Fact, by the International Commission of Inquiry on Crimes Against Humanity Committed by the Bush Administration of the United States, a report that looks at five major international crimes and overlaps significantly with most lists of impeachable offenses (the full text is available at the link and can also be purchased for $10)
- Impeach Bush: A Funny Li'l Graphical Novel About the Worstest Pres'dent in the History of Forevar, a comic book account of Bush's impeachable offenses – the crimes really are self-evident, but pictures don't hurt.
- Pretensions to Empire: Notes on the Criminal Folly of the Bush Administration by Lewis Lapham, a collection of essays from Harper's magazine, concluding with one called "The Case for Impeachment," which focuses on Rep. Conyers' report.
- The Twilight of Democracy: The Bush Plan for America, by Jennifer Van Bergen. Find out what the Bush Plan is and how it diverges from what the law and Constitution say.
Articles and EditrialsEdit
- Rep. Robert Wexler letter to House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers
- Rep. Zoe Lofgren letter to Conyers
- US Constitution
- Constitutional Grounds for Impeachment, 1974 report of Congress
- The Constitution in Crisis, report by Rep. John Conyers, House Judiciary Committee, 2005